Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And so it begins...

Hello world! I have decided to take on the 101 in 1001 challenge that I have seen popping up all around. Here are the basics if you have never heard of this:

The Challenge: Complete 101 predetermined specific tasks within a period of 1,001 consecutive days

Why the 1,001 days? From what I can tell it is to allow for planning on some items and not be overwhelming.

So why am I doing it? Well, there are a lot of things that I would like to do. Having no deadline to complete them in leaves procrastination to kick in so I am hoping this will provide the motivation that I need to get some of these things completed. Also, when I was thinking about this yesterday I googled to see what my end date would be. If I start today, my end date will be the day before my daughter's 17th birthday. Seems like a good enough time for me to get this going.

Without further ado, here is my list...

  1. Get my Bachelor's degree
  2. Make pressed flower bookmarks Nana style
  3. Paint front door
  4. Buy a basketball hoop
  5. Pay off all debt (Other than Mortgage)
  6. Read all the Harry Potter books
  7. Create a scavenger hunt
  8. Picnic in the park
  9. Send a secret to PostSecret
  10. Learn how to say "I love you" in 10 different languages
  11. Make something out of wood
  12. Read a biography
  13. Donate blood 4 times
  14. Dye Easter eggs
  15. Say yes to something I would not normally do
  16. Visit Alison in Maine
  17. Give 10 handmade Christmas gifts
  18. Make a book on Shutterfly
  19. Take a photography course
  20. Change the oil in my car myself
  21. Do a 30-day picture a day challenge
  22. Learn to tie a necktie
  23. Learn basic Spanish
  24. Learn to eat with chop sticks
  25. Make a dress
  26. Donate money to charity
  27. Leave a $50 tip in a restaurant
  28. Make 4 recipes from Mastering the Art of French cooking
  29. Pampering  - 90 min massage & facial same day
  30. Make something from instructables.com
  31. Read the Bible cover to cover
  32. Throw a surprise party
  33. Participate in a bible study
  34. Try acupuncture
  35. Write a letter to myself to open on day 1001
  36. Attend a live taping of a TV show
  37. Make a list of 25 things I like about myself and post it where I can see it daily
  38. Teach Karson to drive
  39. Go to a Major League baseball game
  40. Make a will
  41. Make strawberry jam/preserves
  42. Increase 401K contributions
  43. Read a book with a book club
  44. Watch 26 movies I have never seen starting with each letter of alphabet
  45. Go a month without buying anything that isn't a necessity
  46. Go to a murder mystery dinner
  47. Learn to knit
  48. Take a ballet class
  49. Go to the Opera
  50. Grow tomatoes
  51. Knit a blanket
  52. Choose 10 countries and read a book by an author from each
  53. Go camping
  54. Go to a Packers game in Green Bay
  55. Run in 4 5Ks
  56. Go on a mission trip to a foreign country
  57. Go on an Alaskan cruise
  58. Go to a comedy club
  59. Make 25 chemo caps
  60. Enroll in MBA program
  61. Learn to use embroidery machine
  62. Take golf lessons
  63. Go snow skiing
  64. Leave an inspirational note inside book for someone to find
  65. Send 100 Christmas cards to soldiers overseas
  66. Take a road trip with just me and Karson
  67. Buy a new/better camera
  68. Get active in Church
  69. Make homemade ice cream
  70. Pay for people's order at drive thru
  71. Attend a NASCAR race at a new to me track
  72. Go to a movie by myself
  73. Refinance house
  74. Build a sandcastle
  75. Go Whitewater rafting
  76. Travel to Costa Rica
  77. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
  78. Build a snowman
  79. Go to a Gamecock football game away
  80. Clean out storage building
  81. Start and maintain a blog
  82. Bake a pie
  83. Girl's weekend getaway
  84. Make a quilt
  85. Send 10 handwritten letters
  86. Makeover for bedroom
  87. Spend a day at the zoo
  88. Visit the elderly at a nursing home
  89. Organize Laundry Room
  90. Restring Nana's pearls
  91. Buy a new car
  92. Remodel Kitchen
  93. Make laundry detergent
  94. Become a Guardian ad Litem
  95. Complete the One year to Wellness program
  96. Go to a Gamecock baseball game
  97. Ride a Zip line
  98. Set up and maintain craft area/office
  99. Host a dinner party
  100. Sell something on Etsy
  101. ?
I left two open to allow for new ideas to come to me in the upcoming days or months. 

I have until 2/17/2015 to get all of this done. Stay tuned to see how it goes...

Edited 12/31/12 to add #100 - Sell something on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment